Friday, January 15, 2016

"I lost my account"

(Phone call)

Me: "IT department"
Man: "I lost my account"
(People use three, sometimes four different accounts for email, Skype and other software in the company. Also, he doesn't give me his name, area, or anything.)
Me: "... hello. What account are you talking about?"
Man: "I can't get in"
Me: "Where?"
Man: "My mail"
Me: "Ok, let me see..."
(By this time I recognize the voice and look for his username and password, since I am in charge of email accounts)
Me: "Your account is _____@___"
Man: "Yes"
Me: "Your password is _____"
Man: "But what's the one I use to log in?"
Me: "... It will ask for your username first, then your password"
Man: "What's the password?"
Me: "... Your password is _____"
Man: "No, that's not it, I need the one I use to log in"
Me: "what?"
Man: "I need the account to log in"
Me: "... let me open a remote connection to your PC"
(I remotely connect to his PC and login with the username+password I gave him)
Man: "It logged in!"
Me: "Yes it did"
Man: "What was the password?"
Me: "_____"
Man: "Ok thanks"

I'm still not sure what he meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment