Friday, January 15, 2016

"Check machine"

(Phone call, 7AM)

Me: "IT department"
Man: "Hello. Could you come and check the check machine?"
(He's talking about the station with a fingerprint scanner we use to check in to work)
Me: "What seems to be the problem?"
Man: "The monitor won't turn on"
Me: "Ok, I'll be there in a minute."
(This isn't strictly my job, but I'm usually the only one in the IT department this early in the morning and people need to properly check in, otherwise it's chaos for HR. So, I go.)
Man: "See? It suddenly shut down and won't turn on."
Me: "... It's unplugged."
Man: "What? Where?"
(I point to the clearly visible contact on the wall with the plug barely hanging, about to fall off. I plug it back in and the monitor turns on.)
Man: "Oh."
Me: "Yep"

No comments:

Post a Comment